FLS is a fast growth digital freight forwarding company, with leading service and innovative technology delivering dedicated road transport solutions for manufacturers and distributors across UK and Europe.
To support our continued growth, we are on the hunt for some new talent for an exciting opportunity to join the UK Road team as an Service Agent.
This appointment will play a crucial role in our commitment to delivering exceptional service standards to our clients.
FLS has a friendly, can-do culture, our successful candidate will be working in the UK Road team (sometimes independently), responsible Managing multiple clients’ accounts with UK based dedicated road transport requirements. Flexibility will be required to support the 24/7 operation alongside the operations team and departmental managers to grow our freight services offering to our clients.
Your development and success in the team is our priority, full training will be given on the FLS delivery model and internal systems.
We are looking for someone demonstrating a successful career history, a passion for driving growth within a business and a commitment and enthusiasm in delivery the highest customer and colleague service standards.
Reporting to Service Manager
Purpose of the role
To manage transport booking requests from a set portfolio of new and existing customers.
- Extracting full details of customer requirements to ensure that carrier allocation, vehicles specifics and times are accurate and in-line with customer requirements
- Customer consultation over logistics solutions
- Liaising with client solutions team (Sales)
- Liaising with transport planning team
- Processing of new booking requests from clients, promptly posting within the FLS Carrier Portal
- Engaging with carriers once allocated to ensure aligned to client requirements
- Provision of full transit updates to the clients from ETA of collection to delivery status and POD
- Client updates and agreement for additional requirements as and when they arise
- Point of contact for clients and carriers – from point of allocation to point of delivery
- Relationship building with booking contacts to increase number of bookings received
- Specific booking/load-based query resolution
- Relationship building new carriers increasing their engagement with FLS carrier and client portal
- Providing accuracy over key client data to support customer insight reporting (inc carbon use monitoring)
- Recording of all service events to support relationship management and that detail is reportable against client SLAs
- Supporting PODs uploads for all loads processed
- Demonstrate an increasing portal usage of carriers developed – availability, quotes, and bookings
- Insuring system accuracy over all processed loads (All Invoices raised <7 days)
- Supporting accuracy over client portal data
- Account management activities
- Dealing with UK road freight customer requests and problem solving
- Processing of customer orders and transit requirements
- Production of transport confirmations including collection and delivery details
- Support load planning
- Keeping colleagues and customers updated of progress
- Customer service during the transport of client goods from pick up to delivery
- Administration to support the complete transport process and delivery of client specific requests
- Administration of FLS Carrier Portal
- Support in the production of management information for key client reporting
- Performance management activities for subcontractors
- Generating key client data for weekly/monthly review
- Adherence to FLS service model for key client deliverables and timescales
- Supporting other team members in meeting their objectives
- Production of management information for key client reporting
- General administration and reporting duties
- Full in-house and external training provided
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Salary progression
- Full Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- 20 Days holidays + Bank Holidays + additional day Birthday leave.
- Additional holiday accrual each year worked – up to 7 years.
- Wellbeing support programme – Reddot 365
- access to a range of support programmes with mini health checks, and access to an external 24/7 confidential helpline)
- Monthly Kudos Recognition scheme
- Free Parking
- Access to Well-being group
Desirable personal qualities
- Customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player – working with other team members to ensure business support
- Communication skills – both verbal and written
- Organisation and prioritisation of tasks
- Good attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and have a driven attitude combined with a strong work ethic
- Determination and willingness to see a task through to completion
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Desire to succeed and progress
- CRM experience and internal data systems.
- A track record in transport planning and freight management
- An understanding of UK transit times and route restrictions
- A knowledge of vehicle sizes and loading restrictions
- Knowledge of vehicle size’s
- IT literacy, IT skills including ability to use Excel, Word, Outlook
Should you know anyone who would be interested in this role please can you ask them to send a CV to Beth Spargo