Business Development Manager (Client Solutions Manager) Pontypool
FLS is a fast growth digital freight forwarding company, with market leading service and innovative technology delivering dedicated road transport solutions for manufacturers and distributors across UK and Europe.
FLS is a multi-award-winning company not only through their growth but innovation within the logistics sector.
Objectives of the role
Reporting to the Commercial Director and based in Pontypool South Wales.
To develop new customers and manage a portfolio of clients in UK region.
The successful candidate will be working independently responsible for developing and supporting road freight requirements remotely. Flexibility will be required to manage the 24/7 operation and support our distribution-based clients, and then alongside the operations team and departmental managers to grow our multi-modal offering within the region.
Your development and success in the commercial team is our priority, full training will be given on the FLS delivery model and internal systems. We are looking for someone demonstrating a successful career history, a passion for driving growth within a business and a commitment and enthusiasm in delivery the highest customer service standards.
- Delivery of new business-based activity recorded within the CRM
- social media
- Build and develop a pipeline of clients
- Deliver quotes and proposals
- Supporting the commercial and legal manager in developing tender submissions
- Presenting logistics solutions to perspective and developing clients
- Developing customer usage through effective account management
- Recording of all opportunities and results of quotes
- Customer service experience
- A track record in transport planning and freight management
- An understanding of UK transit times and route restrictions
- A knowledge of vehicle sizes and loading metre restrictions
- Knowledge of Vehicle size
- Keeping colleagues and customers updated of progress
- IT literacy, IT skills including ability to use Excel(pivot), Word, Outlook and internal data systems.
- Team player – working with other team members to ensure business support
- Communication skills – both verbal and written (degree of email and telephone traffic)
- Organisation and prioritisation of tasks
- Determination and willingness to see a task through to completion
- Must be enthusiastic and have a driven attitude combined with a strong work ethic
- Great attention to detail
- Desire to succeed and progress
- 24/7 Confidential Helpline
- 24-hour GP
- Opticians financial support
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Counselling Support
- Second Medical Opinion
- Crisis24 Information Service
- Legal information Support
- My Healthy Advantage app
- Bereavement & Probate Helpline
- Death in Service Insurance
- Internal Wellbeing Team
- Discounted Gym Membership – Nuffield Health
- Monthly Kudos Recognition
- Employer Pension Contributions
- 22 days holidays, plus Bank Holidays per annum, PLUS your birthday off each year!
- Additional day off work for each year worked up to 5 years’ service
- Access to a laptop & all the tech kit you require
- A good office space with free parking