Operations Team Apprentice
Freight Logistics Solutions (FLS) is one of the UK’s leading providers of end-to-end supply chain solutions. FLS offer logistical solutions derived from working backgrounds and expertise in operational, supply chain and logistics – with the ultimate business purpose of improving our clients’ transport service levels whilst reducing costs.
FLS has a vast global network of preferred suppliers and quality carriers. Customers benefit from improved security, guaranteed service levels, greater flexibility, traceability and time-definite deliveries. It offers a range of services to suit all clients’ freight handling needs from occasional transport usage right through to organisations looking to completely outsource their transport management department.
Due to the continued fast growth of the business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Apprentice to join our team. They will work for an independently owned, multi-award winning business with headquarters in Pontypool, South Wales and a newly-opened Midlands office in Silverstone.
The role of an Operations Apprentice involves supporting the team of Transport Planners in their key tasks of arranging the transport requirements of our customers by sourcing the right transportation for the job in hand. The Operations Department is a busy, fast-paced environment based around fulfilling customer needs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Dealing with transport enquiries – email or telephone
- Recording all key information for every transport booking – including collection address, delivery address, nature of goods to be transported, timescale for transportation, weight, dimensions, collection references and special requirements
- Completion of booking confirmations for all transport loads, both for customer and haulier
- Posting of available transport loads on FLS transport systems to ensure haulier coverage for jobs
- Ensure appropriate haulier and vehicle is selected for each job
- Recording key information on run sheets for each job – Purchase Order number, chosen haulier, comments, vehicle registration numbers
- Update of run sheets according to shipment progress – Yellow (due for collection), Amber (collected), Green (shipment completed)
- Obtaining signed proofs of delivery from hauliers for recording in FLS Client Portal and subsequent invoicing to customers
- Attracting and onboarding new haulage companies
- Adherence to FLS service model for key client deliverables and timescales
- Supporting other team members in meeting their objectives
- The role will encompass an NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration
- This will require all tasks to be completed in the allocated timeframe and to a high standard, meeting Training Company deadlines and expectations
- An awareness of the activities of all supporting departments and activities will be included – finance, data & technology, marketing and client solutions as well as operations
- Team player – working with other team members to ensure all customer loads are filled each day
- Communication skills – both verbal and written (high degree of email and telephone traffic)
- Organisation and prioritisation of tasks
- Keeping colleagues and customers updated of progress
- IT literacy – basic IT skills including ability to use Excel, Word, Outlook and internal data systems
- Determination and willingness to see a task through to completion
- Desire to succeed and to progress through Apprenticeship into longer term career with FLS
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com