IT Data Team Apprentice
Freight Logistics Solutions (FLS) is one of the UK’s leading providers of end-to-end supply chain solutions. FLS offer logistical solutions derived from working backgrounds and expertise in operational, supply chain and logistics – with the ultimate business purpose of improving our clients’ transport service levels whilst reducing costs.
FLS has a vast global network of preferred suppliers and quality carriers. Customers benefit from improved security, guaranteed service levels, greater flexibility, traceability and time-definite deliveries. It offers a range of services to suit all clients’ freight handling needs from occasional transport usage right through to organisations looking to completely outsource their transport management department.
Due to the continued fast growth of the business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Data Team Apprentice to join our team. They will work for an independently owned, multi-award winning business with headquarters in Pontypool, South Wales and a newly-opened Midlands office in Silverstone.
The role of a IT Data Team Apprentice involves supporting the team of in their key task of securing additional customers and potential customers in order to expand FLS’s client base. In order to do this effectively, the Business Development team requires additional administrative support both to ensure they are well planned in advance on meetings and also to assist in meeting follow up.
- Supporting The Director in IT and Data tasks
- Daily Data recording and monthly data reports
- Maintenance of client portals
- Support with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Maintenance and update of run sheets and quote sheets
- Co-ordination of daily sales data and KPIs for morning meetings
- Data Assistance with quotations and tenders being prepared by Business Development Team
- Assisting the Multidrop Sales team with the recruitment of drivers through IT
- Organising repair and replacement of equipment
- Recording key information on run sheets for each job – Purchase Order number, chosen haulier, comments, vehicle registration numbers
- Update of run sheets according to assignment progress
- Adherence to FLS service model for key client deliverables and timescales
- Supporting other team members in meeting their objectives through Data and IT
- The role will encompass an NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration
- This will require all tasks to be completed in the allocated timeframe and to a high standard, meeting Training Company deadlines and expectations
- An awareness of the activities of all supporting departments and activities will be included – finance, data & technology, marketing and client solutions as well as operations
- Team player – working with other team members to ensure all customer loads are filled each day
- Communication skills – both verbal and written (high degree of email and telephone traffic)
- Organisation and prioritisation of tasks
- Keeping colleagues and customers updated of progress
- Good IT literacy – IT skills including ability to use Excel, Word, Outlook and internal data systems
- Determination and willingness to see a task through to completion
- Desire to succeed and progress through Apprenticeship into longer term career with FLS
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org