Freight Forwarder – International Department
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Freight Logistics Solutions (FLS) one of the UK’s leading providers of end-to-end supply chain solutions. FLS offer logistical solutions with the ultimate business purpose of improving our clients’ transport service levels whilst reducing costs.
The FLS differential is that we are not solely a transport company, a freight forwarder or an outsourced supply management provider but more a combination of all three. FLS provide multiple services that give a one-stop solution to our clients’ needs working around the globe, delivering operational excellence.
Due to the continued company fast growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a transport planner to join our International team based at Silverstone Circuit.
The successful candidate will be working for an independently owned multi award winning business with headquarters in South Wales.
Reporting to the International operational manager, the Freight Forwarder will be working in a team supporting the coordination of all import and exports throughout Europe
Full Training will be given in the FLS delivery model, internal systems, and external sector-based training including new upcoming Brexit based customs requirements.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding of European road freight and customs-based processes
- Dealing with all customer enquiries offering logistic based solutions
- Processing of customer orders and transit requirements
- Offering advice on import and export requirements
- Support the completing of customs documentations ensuring delivery of goods in timely manner
- Attraction and set up of preferred carriers specific to international transit
- Managing and maintaining a quality supply chain of road freight carriers
- Production of transport confirmations including collection and delivery details
- Customer service during the transport of client goods from set up to delivery
- Undertake client service reviews
- Administration to support the complete transport process and delivery of client specific requests
- Support in the production of management information for key client reporting
- Annual Salary- dependant on experience
- Full in-house and external training provided
- 28 days holiday
- Holiday entitlement will increase by one day annually
- Additional holiday day provided on your birthday outside of annual entitlement
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Free parking
- Company bonus scheme
Desirable personal qualities
- A proven knowledge of transport planning and freight forwarding
- Detailed understanding of the importing and exporting requirements
- An understanding of European transit time and route restrictions
- Experience in road freight including groupage, part load and full load services
- A knowledge of vehicle sizes and loading metre restrictions
- Bi-lingual would be advantages
- Knowledge of vehicle sizes
- Good sense of humour
send you CV to email@example.com