Business Development Manager – East Midlands
Sales / Business Development / Client Solutions Manager
Freight Logistics Solutions (FLS) is one of the UK’s leading providers of end-to-end supply chain solutions. FLS offers logistical solutions on-site and to the ad-hock freight market. FLS has a full digital freight offer and prides itself on the provision of exceptional data analysis and insight, with the ultimate business purpose of improving our client’s transport service levels, whilst reducing costs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new BDM / Client Solutions Manager / Sales Manager to head our sales function in the East Midlands area.
The successful candidate will be joining an independently owned, multi-award-winning, fast-growth business based in Pontypool, South Wales.
The new addition will be responsible for developing client transport requirements in the Midlands Region
Flexibility will be required to support a 24/7 operation, to initially support our distribution-based clients, and then alongside the sales team and departmental managers to grow an international multi-modal offering within the region.
We are looking for someone with a passion for driving growth within a business with a commitment and enthusiasm in delivering the highest customer service standards.
- Business lead research and generation
- Generation of new client opportunities
- Generation of new client requests/ quotes for new client opportunities
- Supporting the successful conversion of new clients
- Liaising with operations team to ensure service levels are achieved and maintaining regular client communications to maximise opportunities
- Maintaining and utilising our CRM system
- Dealing with customer requests and offering logistic based solutions
- Generating and delivering sales quotes to customers
- Support of Commercial Director
Great benefits provided.
Desirable personal qualities:
- Phone experience
- Excellent previous experience in sales in the transport sector
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of road delivery services
- A track record in selling / providing freight transport services
- Must be enthusiastic and have a driven attitude combined with a strong work ethic
- Good attention to detail
- Good sense of humour (not essential)
The FLS differential is that we are not solely a transport company, a freight forwarder or an outsourced supply management provider but a combination of all three. FLS provides multiple services that give a one-stop solution to our clients’ needs across the globe, delivering operational excellence.
Please feel free to share this with someone you feel may be interested
or if this could be you?
email your CV to:
Reference ID: FLSBDMSI04
Expected Start Date: 01/02/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent